Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 8, 2010

"My Purpose" (at least on this blog)

So initially when this blog was started it was meant to be an avenue in which Imran can rant about his dealings with Salman and his competency in the IT Consulting workforce (or lack thereof, according to Imran). However when Salman joined the coalition here I was requested to join and give my two cents about IT (which I do not have even have any where near two cents to contribute) or hookah.

However, this first post of mine will be dealing with something that has been bothering me for quite some time. People nowadays refuse to see a greater power beyond our capacity to understand. I am, of course, referring to God. I have been dealing with people about how they are Agnostic/Atheist but spiritual, or do not believe in God because their significant other left them, their parents are unfair to them because the parents actually trying to raise and nurture them properly, do not believe in organized religion, and so on and so forth. It is frustrating to me to hear some of the things I hear from mentoring cohort that their friends (in high school) do not practice any faith for the aforementioned reasons/excuses. People take God for granted, especially teenagers in this society we live in.

It is frustrating to me to see and hear about this because I begin to wonder what have these youngsters experienced in their 15 or 16 years of existence to make them not believe in a higher presence? What have they seen? Just because we all face things in our lives that negatively impact us does not mean that God does not exist or love us. In the Qur'an God says, "Verily with difficulty there is ease." Why do people not see the light at the end of the tunnel? Why do they lose hope so easily? As a Muslim, I believe that losing hope is a sin. It is taught to people of my faith never to lose hope, because God will always answer our prayers, even though it may not be right away. Not to sound cliche, but patience truly is a virtue. The whole point of patience is for us to NOT wait for a long time, but for the RIGHT time. When that time comes for us to not wait any longer, the wisdom and knowledge behind this wait will be revealed and all things will become clearer. As a result of teenagers losing faith and hope in their lives they are put on anti-depressants. There is a "chemical imbalance" that is making them feel this way. What is truly making them this way is lack of discipline and faith.

I am always telling the teenagers I mentor to not lose faith in yourselves, in your friends and family, and most importantly do not lose faith in God. God says,"Take one step towards me and I take two towards you, start walking to me and I shall run to you." He is making it easy for us to approach him. We just need the motivation and dedication to stay on that path, whatever it may be. He also says that, "I place a burden on my servant that he/she can bear. And I do it so that they may become closer to me." Let's face it, we all turn to God when we want that A on a test, for a girl to say "Yes" when a guy asks her out, or any other hardship we may face on a daily basis or just once in our lives. Winston Churchill once said, "There are no atheists in the fox holes." There is this innate feeling or yearning for humans to believe in something greater when we are in absolute desperation. We all know that feeling, even if it was to get an A on a test. We always compromise or strike a deal with God. "God if you do this for me, I will do this for you." Yet, once we get what we asked for, for the most part, we do not carry out our end of the deal. I, myself fall into this category too. Then when something bad or horrible happens we begin to complain to God or just even refuse to recognize his existence.

We really need to let go of whatever it is that is holding us back from believing in Him and realize that he loves us and has ALWAYS been there for us. We just refuse to see him.

The reason why I put the title of this post in quotations is because I intend to use my posting abilities for whatever it is I want to talk about. I may not post regularly, because this blog is meant for Imran and Salman's dealings with the IT world, but every now and then I may post something regarding religion, society/social problems, hookah, food, and a variety of other things as well.

I am sorry for the rant, but I had to let it out and explain my sentiments towards the matter. Hopefully we can all begin to NOT take God for granted and seek his guidance in all matters of life, myself included.

No comments:

Post a Comment